SimpsonScaborough is a higher education-focused marketing agency. We spend our days answering questions, solving problems, and designing solutions that all serve a common purpose to elevate brands and build awareness for our clients.
Our company has a little less than 50 employees and runs a remote team spanning from coast to coast. We have roots firmly planted in Washington, D.C., Columbus, Ohio, and Oakland, California. Our culture is built on collaboration and curiosity. This position can be fully remote or based in Columbus.
Right now, we are looking for an experienced and passionate content strategist to join a growing digital team. You will build strategies and measure their effectiveness across digital channels for large university websites with complex user experiences. You will also develop strategies used for content on other digital platforms that ladder up to paid media campaigns.
An ideal candidate understands the diverse nature of higher education audiences. As a content strategist you will need to develop strategies that connect with traditional undergraduate students, as well as graduate, professional, and adult learners. These are unique audience segments and a demonstration of past experience in this area is a must.
- Partnering with strategy and creative teams to develop content strategies that add value and differentiate brand experiences across digital communication channels including web, social, and paid media.
- Utilizing data sources to create content models and narrative journeys that the creative team can use for ideation and/or production.
- For large website redesigns, parse large amounts of web content to determine what content needs to be improved, maintained, or eliminated.
- Developing or utilizing existing keyword strategies for page-level SEO
- Collaborating with and evaluating content produced by copywriters on the creative team.
- Establishing metrics and reporting on content performance.
- Creating decks for client presentations and project documentation.
- Conducting content audits, synthesizing audience and category research, and creating competitive analysis to deliver content strategy that differentiates our clients.
- Developing editorial calendars and content workshops for clients.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5-7 years of experience
- Previous experience working with higher education websites and digital marketing campaigns
- Experience with Drupal and WordPress content management systems
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Optimize
- Ability to handle projects independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable working with multiple remote creative, digital, and account teams located across the country
SimpsonScarborough offers a full benefits package, including nationwide health coverage, dental, vision, a 401k, unlimited PTO, paid parental leave, and over 15 holidays per year. Our salary will be commensurate with your experience, so be ready to let us know what you're seeking. Please submit your cover letter and resume to this posting.
SimpsonScarborough is an equal opportunity employer. We have a strict anti-harassment policy and a no tolerance non-discrimination policy. We welcome employees of all backgrounds regardless of nationality, race, religion, gender identity, veteran status, politics, favorite sports team, ability to spend a weekend on a Netflix binge, and all characteristics protected by state and federal law. Come as you are; we will be proud to have you on our team!