Senior Content Marketing Strategist
Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate. Our company’s mission is to dramatically improve the productivity, transparency and impact of Design. Since launching in July 2017, over 7,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from DocuSign, Instacart, Microsoft, Pandora, Wayfair, Wix, Cisco, Zendesk, I and more.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is fully-remote (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
We're hiring a Senior Content Marketing Strategist who will build and scale content programs to fuel Abstract’s growth. You’ll be responsible for connecting the science of data-driven marketing efforts with the art of producing compelling content, all with the goal of inspiring more design teams to use Abstract. Successful candidates will have experience leveraging search engine and audience data to inform content, running A/B tests to hone content performance, and delivering programs that drive outcomes. This role will play a big part in developing a new category of software for an audience who loves and consumes content.
- Develop and deliver a metrics-driven content marketing program that increases Abstract’s search rankings, site traffic, leads generated, and revenue
- Constantly experiment and test content efforts to identify topics, formats, and distribution channels that best reach Abstract’s core audiences
- Manage agencies and freelance writers in the development and execution of content programs
- Work closely with the product marketing and sales teams to ensure that top-of-funnel content experiences are the best possible start of a customer’s experience with Abstract
- Produce content that supports sales outreach and conversion efforts, including white papers, case studies, and customer testimonials.
- Partner closely with the demand generation team to produce content that can fuel paid growth efforts in tandem with organic growth
- Set and maintain a high bar for content, ensuring that what is produced is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, tone of voice, and optimized for search
- Measure and report on what’s working, highlighting insights that can help inform the work of other teams across the company
- 4-7 years of experience in B2B content marketing for fast-growing software companies.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, and a portfolio of compelling content that’s tailored to goals and audiences.
- The ability to develop both engaging long-form content, as well as crisp short-form copy.
- Experience with SEO best practices and how to produce content that improves search rankings and organic growth
- Experience developing content through agencies and freelance writers.
- Profound attention to detail and a high bar for craft and quality.
- A focus on developing content that delivers value to audiences as much as it helps move them further along in their exploration of Abstract.
- A strong bent toward collaboration with teams and roles across a company.
- Comfort with ambiguity and grace under pressure
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing to all full-time employees. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, as well as dental, vision, and life insurance options. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, a health care FSA, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care, a budget to set up your home office, and a monthly wellness and internet stipend.
To help employees plan for the future, we offer competitive pay, access to financial services, and a 401(k).
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Elastic Projects will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.