Social Media Intern
*This is a paid position
*This position is not temporary, we are looking to build a long-term relationship.
*Although this is a remote position, we are seeking an LA County resident, as future in-office work may be required.
EXPORT PORTAL is an international B2B eCommerce trading platform. We are transforming the way international trade is done by making it easier, safer, and less costly for small and medium-sized businesses to join the world of importing and exporting. We value passion, integrity, and commitment to our customers.
Our team is looking for a Social Media Intern that is creative, smart, and has the ability to work with a truly global team. As a Social Media Intern, you will have an ability to work with a diverse team and your input will be valued. You will be the voice of our brand and responsible for assisting with content creation for the brand across multiple platforms: blog, social media, and others. You will work closely with the Content Manager to play a vital role in linking diverse people globally while contributing to the growth of the company.
This position is a gateway to several other career opportunities with our organization and within the marketing department. This is a great opportunity for entry-level candidates, recent graduates, and anyone seeking a career in content marketing.
If you are creative, positive, able to work well within a team, have an eye for detail, and a strong work ethic, then we would love to meet you!
- Assist with the implementation of social media strategies that build brand awareness, generate inbound traffic and product adoption
- Stay current with social media trends and best practices
- Research opportunities for new social marketing platforms and select adapt current process to fit client and professional needs
- Generate and edit content daily
- Discuss completed and pending tasks with team members, as well as introduce new ideas that create excitement and organization
- Write, develop and strategize online content production and scheduling
- Assist with crisis management, bad reviews, and negative news communications
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies
- Track and analyze analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes
- Build meaningful connections and encourage community members through dialog and messaging
- Attend conferences/events and interact via networking and live posting
- Engage in relevant social discussion about the organization, brand, competitors, and/or industry from existing customers and new guests/audiences
- Maintain a strong brand presence that is uniform across all social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.
- Take a lead role in research activities, brainstorms, and development of social tactics utilizing available resources and understanding of outlined KPI’s
- Create a social media content calendar
- Report on the state of social media accounts and create weekly/quarterly reports
· Bachelor's degree preferred
· At least 8 months of experience in marketing
· Strong communication, multitasking, and analytical skills
· Experience with social media and communication tools is preferred
· Knowledge of multi-social media platforms
· Good analytical skills
· Display the ability to work with cross-functional departments
· This position is in-office and full-time
· The schedule is Sunday-Thursday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
· The work location is remote; the office is in Glendale, CA (San Fernando Road & Fletcher)
· The pay rate is hourly and will be determined, based upon experience ($14-18/hr.)
· Office Meals and Celebrations
· Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
· Macro Management
· Industry Competitive Pay
· Employee Development Program
Generally, the first interview is a basic intro, via Zoom where we
will determine if your personality, experience and skills are a match for the
The second step is scheduling a technical test composed of 2-3
open-ended questions. The test is sent via email and timed. You will have 30 minutes
to send responses back. The purpose of the test is to examine the skills
necessary for this position, such as problem solving and creativity.
The third and final step is a Zoom meeting with the manager and CEO
for the purpose of exchanging information to determine if we are the right
company for you and if you are the right candidate for us!
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. If you
feel this is the right fit for you, we would love to meet you!Show moreShow less