Remote US Expat Tax Accountant (CPA or EA)
Greenback Expat Tax Services is a company that specializes in preparing tax returns for Americans living overseas. We are a highly energetic, positive, resourceful team working virtually across the globe. We believe that executional excellence is key to success.
At Greenback, we provide you with the tools that you need to be successful and we bring our clients to you so that you can focus on preparing expat taxes and providing exceptional customer care!
This is not a traditional JOB- it’s more like a business partnership- and is ideally suited for those folks who love the idea of their earning potential being tied to their individual accomplishments, are obsessively organized and have a natural flair for customer care.
What we’re looking for:
- CPAs or EAs with 3-5 years of experience preparing US expat tax returns, including specific experience with the additional forms and schedules required for expats (1116, 2555, FinCen 114, 5471, 3520, etc.)
- People who are comfortable managing their own schedule and workload. There are no set hours- you get paid for the work you do and your results. You take on as many customers as you choose (we pre-agree annual targets)
- People who see technology as an enabler and embrace it fully. We use state of the art systems (Salesforce, Box, ProSeries, and Lacerte).
- People who are extremely organized, especially in managing around deadlines. This is a deadline-driven business, so anyone who gets frazzled near a tax deadline or disorganized will struggle.
- Strong attention to detail. Mistakes on tax returns are not cool. We need people who make sure there’s never an error or an oversight.
Why work with Greenback?
- Again, this is not a traditional 9 to 5. No one has set hours- you have specific responsibilities and obligations related to timeliness of customer care, but it’s up to you to set a schedule that meets those timings.
- No office/no commute. You have ultimate flexibility to decide where you work from and when you work. Want to spend tax season in your home office and the slower season working a lighter load from Mexico or Bali or the coast of Spain? Many on our team do just that.
- You get paid directly in proportion to how many tax returns you complete. Your earning potential is unlimited and a good number of the accountants on our team earn six figures. However, this is also very personal and is directly in relation to your skillset. If you’re a hustler, have high expertise in US expat tax prep, work hard and stay organized, this is a great opportunity for you.
- We have frequent bonus opportunities for excellence in staying organized, timeliness and attention to detail. We’ve heard our accountants described as “personal tax time hero’s”-we compensate accountants above the standard per return pay for above and beyond customer care
- This opportunity is an ideal fit for people who are happy to work on their own, but don’t want to manage the business logistics like marketing, customer acquisition, billing, customer service, etc
- We’re maniacal about customer care- we expect everyone to have an experience with us that makes them want to go straight out and tell their friends how wonderful Greenback is. Accountants who feel that’s important thrive with us and love how happy their customers are at the end of each tax season.
- You will have access to a peer group of 30+ accountants that are the best in the industry in regards to not just US expat taxes, but also customer centricity.
And the best news is- we’re hiring! The business is growing rapidly, and we’re looking to staff 2-3 more accountants this year alone. Apply today!!!
We will follow up with all candidates within 5 working days with next steps.
Apply Now: https://www.greenbacktaxservices.com/jobs/
Location: United States
Candidates can be based anywhere in the world, this position is virtual/work from home.