Utilizes knowledge of Carlisle Medical Technologies (CMT) and/or industry standard cable assembly design and manufacturing practices in order to provide design services and design for manufacturability support to CMT customers.
Ideal location of candidate: Boston, Philadelphia or New Jersey.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interprets customer drawings, specifications, and workmanship standards in order to develop cable assembly designs when requested by CMT customers.
- Communicates design concerns, drawing errors, interpretation issues, and manufacturability enhancements to customer technical contacts as necessary. Must be able to fully understand CMT's production capabilities and data requirements and must be able to communicate professionally with customer personnel.
- Develops cost estimates (material and labor) in preparation for sales quotations for customer cable assemblies to be manufactured by CMT.
- Coordinates with CMT Product Engineering personnel to perform complete technical assessment for each project quoted, determining tooling requirements and cost, testing requirements and adapters required, level of manufacturing data required (e.g. Manufacturing instructions, jigs, fixtures) and determines if further clarification and/or documents are required from the customer.
- Provides support to CMT production engineers and process engineers once quotation becomes an order.
- Assesses the cost impact of customer changes in order to develop a cost estimate for sales.
- Provides Customer technical contacts with onsite technical support involving industry standards, medical specifications, design assistance, CMT production capabilities, and material requirements.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Other duties may be assigned*
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Home office work environment with visits to customer sites and CarlisleIT manufacturing sites.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access orpotential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
20% to 50% - to customer sites and CarlisleIT manufacturing sites as needed.
Apply on our site: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=1218401&d=ExternalCareerSite-CIT&prc=RMPOD4&r=5000473435206
***"Any unsolicited resumes submitted directly to any CIT employee will be deemed a gift. Recruiter/Recruiting Agency forfeits their right to represent submitted candidate upon breach of Company policy."********
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Mechanical/Electrical/Manafacturing Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Medical Products: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
- Flexible schedule